Bharat Electronics Limited, a Navratna Company & India’s leading Professional Electronics Company requires GRADUATE ENGINEERS in the following disciplines.
Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC) – 80 Posts
Mechanical Engineering (ME) – 25 Posts
Computer Science & Information Technology (CS) – 45 Posts
Location : Across India
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age, other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Educational Qualification :
- GEN/OBC candidates with first class in the qualifying degree in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Colleges. Candidates with first class in AMIE / AMIETE in the above disciplines are also eligible to apply. SC/ST/PWD candidates with pass class in the qualifying degree in the above mentioned disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Candidates currently studying in the final semester/final year of their engineering studies in the above mentioned disciplines are also eligible to apply. However, if selected they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2013.
- The maximum age limit for General candidates is 25 years of age as on 01.06.2013 for all posts. Please refer to the Norms for Special dispensation allowed for Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Physically handicapped person (PWD), Ex-Serviceman (XSM), Kashmiri Migrant (KM).
- There are 150 vacancies for the above position (80 Electronics, 25 Mechanical, 45 Computer Science).
- The above openings are for the following locations: Bangalore (Karnataka), Ghaziabad (UP), Pune (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh) Panchkula (Haryana), Kotdwara (Uttaranchal) Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra) and other offices of BEL.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2013 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of applying to BEL for the post of Probationary Engineer are required to appear in GATE-2013 in the disciplines indicated below. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below:
|Engineering discipline advertised by BEL||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper Code|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
- On the basis of GATE-2013 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for Interview. Please note that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2012 or scores prior to that is not valid.
|Commencement of online application for GATE- 2013||1st Sept 2012 *|
|Last date for online application for GATE – 2013||30th Sept 2012 *|
|Commencement of online submission of applications by candidates for posts in BEL (www.bel-india .com)||28th Dec 2012|
|Last date for submission of online application by candidates for posts in BEL||14th Feb 2013|
|GATE-2013 Online examination||20th Jan 2013 *|
|GATE-2013 Offline examination||10th Feb 2013 *|
*Subject to changes in schedule communicated by GATE from time to time.
1. Candidates are advised to go through the Norms in detail.
2. There is no separate application fee for applying to BEL.
POSITION : PROBATIONARY ENGINEER (PE)
a) No. of Posts : Total – 150
Electronics – 80
Mechanical – 25
Computer Science – 45
b) QUALIFICATION : For GEN / OBC candidates a first class in the qualifying degree from recognised colleges in the following disciplines is required:
a) Electronics & Communication Engineering
b) Mechanical Engineering
c) Computer Science & Information Technology
Candidates with AMIE / AMIETE in the above specializations should have secured first class.
SPECIAL DISPENSATION FOR SCHEDULED CASTE / SCHEDULED TRIBE AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITY: Pass class for SC/ST/PWD in the above mentioned Engineering disciplines
The above posts are for the following locations :
Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)
Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra)
After selection the final postings would be decided based on the Company’s requirement in a particular Unit based on the performance of the candidate in written test/interview.
AGE LIMIT (as on 01.06.2013)
The maximum age limit for General candidates as on 01.06.2013 will be 25 years. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
In respect of PWD candidates upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years. In respect of PWD candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category, the age relaxation admissible will be over and above the relaxation admissible for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
For candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for General candidates, 8 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for SC/ST candidates.
Relaxation will be extended as per Govt. guidelines in respect of Ex-Serviceman.
SCALE OF PAY :
Candidates selected against the above position, will be placed in E-II grade, at the minimum of the pay scale of Rs.16400-3%-40500/- . In addition, they will be entitled to DA, HRA, Conveyance Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and other perquisites as admissible.
RESERVATION OF POSTS WILL BE MADE AS PER GOVT. DIRECTIVES
METHOD OF SELECTION:
GATE-2013 Online Examination is scheduled on 20th January 2013. For detailed information on GATE- 2013, interested candidates may log on to http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE or the following websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to purchase the GATE application form as per the information provided in GATE - 2013 websites. They should fill-in and submit the GATE application form as instructed by GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number.
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2013 Registration Number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidate will be required to apply to BEL online. The relevant link for applying online will be made available from 28th December 2012 on the Careers page of BEL website www.bel-india.com.
- Candidates should click on the online application link, read the instructions carefully and fill in the online application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2013 Registration Number.
- Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button. If the same is accepted the system will generate a Unique Application ID along with the completed application form.
- Candidates should ensure that the relevant details viz-Name, date of birth, Address etc entered in BEL online application should be same as entered in the GATE 2013 application.
- 14th February 2013 is the last date for receiving application by BEL for the advertised posts.
Candidates will be reimbursed II Class to and fro train fare by the shortest route (from their correspondence address to the interview centre) for attending the interview, on production of Railway Tickets. Please note that the candidates who have not downloaded, printed and filled the Traveling Allowance Claim form with the required enclosures will not be paid TA.
i) Only Indian Nationals need apply
There will be no application fee for applying to BEL.
ii) Candidates employed in Govt. Quasi-Govt. and Public Sector Undertakings will be required to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview, without which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
iii) SERVICE AGREEMENT: Selected candidates will be required to undergo an Orientation / Onthe- Job training for a period of 6 months. They will be required to execute a Service Agreement to serve the company for a period of 3 years after training and should be willing to serve in any of our Units / Regional Offices. The amount payable for breach of Service Contract is Rs. 3,00,000/-.
iv) The total number of posts indicated above may be increased or decreased.
v) Appointment of the selected candidates will be subject to being found medically fit by the Company’s Medical Authorities.
vi) There will be no separate communication to any candidates on their non-selection at any stage.
vii) In respect of Persons with Disability, the degree of disability that the candidate should have, for consideration under the category, will be as prescribed by Government norms.
viii) Candidates whose specialization mentioned in their Degree Certificate does not tally with the branch mentioned in the application will not be considered for interview.
ix) BEL reserves the right to debar you at any stage of the selection proceedings, if the candidature is not considered suitable for any reason.
In case you require any clarifications regarding the advertisement please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that no other form of communication will be entertained including telephone calls, conventional mail, fax etc.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
The online application format for applying for the above posts will be made available on the Company’s website www.bel-india.com from 28th December 2012.