- State PSC
Gazette Date: 15/10/2012
Last Date: 14/11/2012
Category No: 517/2012
Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1. Department : Public Works/Irrigation
2. Name of Post : II Grade Draftsman /Overseer(Civil)
3. Scale of Pay : R 11620-20240
4. Number of vacancies : 128(One Hundred and Twenty Eight)
The above vacancies are now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6. Age limit : 18-36, only candidates born between 02/01/1976 and 01/01/1994(both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post. (For conditions regarding age relaxation please see Para 2 of the General Conditions)
7. Qualifications:- Should possess any one of the following qualifications.
(a) Group Certificate under KGTE or equivalent Examinations.
Note:- Group Certificates will include all the four groups viz. Building Drawing, Building Construction, Survey and Irrigation.
A pass in eight subjects, namely,
i) Surveying and Levelling (Higher)
ii) Applied Mechanics(Higher)
iii) Building Material and Construction(Higher)
iv) Hydraulics and Irrigation(Higher)
v) Building Drawing and Estimating(Higher)
vi) Earth Work and Road Making (Higher)
vii)Geometrical Drawing (Lower) or Practical Plane and Solid Geometry (Lower)
viii) Menstruation (Lower)
b) Diploma in Craftsmanship in the trade of ‘ Draftsman (Civil) ’ or ‘ Surveyor’ obtained after 18 months course (followed by 6 months practical training) at the Industrial Training Institutes/Centres conducted by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour.
1) Candidates who have successfully completed the Industrial Training of 18 months will also be treated as qualified even if they have not completed the period of practical training. But their appointments will be treated as provisional and will be regularised only after the completion of six months practical training.
2) Diploma in Craftsmanship (Trade Test Certificate) in the Trade of Draftsman (Civil) awarded to private candidates without insisting on six months practical training will be treated as an alternative qualification for direct recruitment to the post of II Grade Draftsman.
c) Diploma in Civil Engineering (2 year course) of the Women’s Polytechnic of the State
8. Mode of submitting Application:-
Candidates shall register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION ‘ system on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.org’ for applying for the post. Candidates who have registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User- ID and password. Candidates must exclusively click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link for applying for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before applying for a post, candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User- ID for further communication with the Commission. Applications once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of the notification will be summarily rejected. Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for .
9. Last date for receipt of application: 14.11.2012, Wednesday upto 12.00 Midnight.
10. Name of Website to which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.org (Please also see the General Conditions given)